Thursday, February 14, 2013

Wednesday Chapel


Every Wednesday is dedicated to chapel for the students of Colegio Presbiteriano Cerritos. Wednesday is also a day when I don’t have to teach elementary English. But instead of having teaching responsibilities, I’ve been asked to help out with the chapel services. I had originally assumed that I would be integrated into the responsibilities quite gradually, but after the morning teacher meeting, I was asked by Cristian Jara (school chaplain) to join the praise team to play the keyboard that day. You should have seen the look on my face when I was told that. I did not practice once with the team, nor did I know how to play the songs that they sing. But by the sheer grace of God (and knowing how to read the finger positions of the chords that Cristian was playing on his guitar) I was able to get through the 5 services that morning. The praise team is quite small actually; it is comprised of Cristian as lead singer and guitarist, Victor ‘Manucho’ Villalba as the drummer, and myself. ‘Manucho’ is a famous Christian rapper here in Paraguay, and it’s nice to see him helping out with the school even with his various gigs around Paraguay and Argentina. If anything, I’ve realized during my short time here that I just need to be flexible and be willing to do anything that’s thrown at me. My hope is that the Lord will grant me much grace to fulfill whatever is asked of me to do.

During one of the services, Cristian Jara, after preaching the Gospel message, asked if any of the students wanted to accept Jesus as his/her Lord and Savior. The following picture shows the individuals that gave themselves to the Lord that day. It’s my prayer that the conviction of these individuals is genuine and that the Holy Spirit will guide these individuals to grow in the knowledge of Christ and to treasure Him above all else.  

Cristian Jara praying with students who gave their lives to the Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment