Thursday, April 25, 2013

Hello friends!

Yoe Jin here! I seriously thought about the title for like 20 minutes and that was the best I could come up with...

Anyway, can't believe that it's nearing the end of April already. Looking back, it feels like it has been forever since Joe and I arrived. I am learning more and more about myself in ways that I probably wouldn't have been able to learn in America... so I feel incredibly blessed to be here, at this specific moment of my life. I know that despite our doubts and inconsistencies, God is constant and unfailing, Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. We have been living with much hope in that Truth. And although we have come to Paraguay to serve and be blessing onto the people here, I realize that the Paraguayans have been serving and blessing us in ways that we can't even begin to explain.

This past Saturday, Joe and I had the honor of attending our first Paraguayan wedding. The couple (Milagro y Rodrigo) is extremely young, recent high school graduates. We randomly ran into them as they were passing out (all in person) their wedding invitations. Joe has known Rodrigo for a while and so we were both invited HAHA. To be honest, I felt a little awkward attending a wedding where I didn't know the couple being wed.... Right before we entered, Joe looked at me and said, "I feel like we're wedding crashers..." LOL But with the mindset that this could very well be the only Paraguayan wedding I will ever go to, I figured I should just live it up.

Despite my concerns, the families were very welcoming and didn't make us feel out of place at all... The food was amazing, asado of course, and we went home with very happy stomachs.

The bride and groom with their parents.

The ceremony/reception room. Very intimate.

Earlier that day, (Saturday), one of the families at Maranagtu generously invited Joe and me to eat lunch at their beautiful home. Their names are Victor and Betty. Betty cooked some amazing authentic Paraguayan food.... cannot get enough. They have two children, one daughter, one son, and a third on her way in June! A family that loves the Lord, loves their children, and loves music! Victor leads praise at Marangatu and also teaches music at Ytororo on Saturday mornings.

Abi and Josias! CUTEST KIDS EVER! Les quiero!
I have constantly been blessed by different opportunites to share life and share time with the Paraguayans here. We are always being reminded that despite cultural differences, we are all truly a part of one universal Church worshipping the same God.

Reminded of Paul's exhortation in Romans 15:5-7.
"May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God."

We again want to thank you supporters! The Chos, Joe and I truly appreciate all your prayers. God bless!

<3



1 comment:

  1. Aw Toto! Can't believe he's married. Please tell Victor and Betty I mando saludos a la familia!!! Their kids are so big now O_O

    ReplyDelete