Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Dia de los Maestros

Joe here. April 30th is a day when teachers are celebrated and showered with gifts and affection. I didn't even know a day like this existed because I don't remember ever celebrating a day like this in the states for my teachers. Anyways, I was very fortunate to have experienced this holiday in Paraguay. It was a day full of festivities with performances by all the students and wonderful food! Here are some pictures:

The backdrop to all the performances that day
Soledad (5th grade) hard at work decorating her classroom for her teacher
My 6th graders setting up glorious snacks!
Some of my 6th graders with Profesora Nora
The lower elementary students performing a traditional Paraguayan dance
And the dance continues to the chagrin of some
My 4th graders preparing to sing a song for all the teachers
Ruth and Keyla, two of my 5th graders. This particular CPC uniform is pretty classy if you ask me.
Ada and Monserrath (4th graders) looking particularly happy to get their picture taken
My 6th grade boys doing what they always do
Samuel, Mateo and Jonathan (6th grade) looking like best friends


No comments:

Post a Comment