Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Joe!

Twas a great week. However, Joe found himself slightly sick these past couple of days... but praise God that he is getting better! Happy belated birthday Joe!! I meant to write this blog entry ON his birthday yesterday, but only wrote the first sentence and saved it.. LOL We had a grand celebration with seriously, the best pastry/cake in the world.



Teaching was and still is a constant battle. I have shown sides of myself to my students that I have never shown before... But all in all, twas an awesome week because our God is an awesome God. Typically, when I wake up, I am a little groggy, especially when I have to do something right away (get ready to go to class or work). However, by God's grace, one morning, He had me singing, "today is the day, You have made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." After I sang that line, I stopped and wondered what had gotten into me... Rarely have I ever rejoiced in a morning.... especially not at 5:30am. But God reminded me that my life is His, and if my life is His, every one of my mornings are His as well. He reminded me to be grateful for all that I had in this life, and all that I will have in eternal life! Grateful that I will be with Him forever, no matter how hard it is for me to comprehend that fact.

We have been able to spend some time with some of the Jovenes from our church. One of them, Tito, speaks English very well so it's like a relaxing breath of air when I am speaking with him. Also, two beautiful young women named Eva and Ruth! Such good fellowship every time and I am so blown away by their patience and kindness towards us.

Not going to lie though. I have been thinking a lot about America these days. Occasionally, images of the beach, or of a specific restaurant, or of... Target... will pop into my mind and I will grow homesick... But in those moments I try to remind myself that this world is not even our real home! What a sobering reality! And God redirects my homesickness altogether to a different place, where He will "wipe away every tear from [our] eyes, and death shall be no more." Rev. 21: 4

"Behold the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them as their God." Rev. 21: 3

Even when Joe and I return to America, our "home", I pray that we will never forget who are real home is with!




2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Joe! Praying you'd feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen y amen! Great post, as always. Felicidades to Joe and lots of love to you Yoe Jin!

    ReplyDelete