Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cristo Vive!

Yoe Jin here! :) What another beautiful day that God has given us! Let us rejoice for Christ has risen from the dead! There has been a lot of stuff going on this week, so let me summarize with some pictures.


On Thursday, Pastor Charles invited us to eat lunch at his mother-in-law's home in Itá. 


Quite an enormous feast.

Pastor Charles' mother-in-law left her comfortable life in Asuncion and chose to live in a small city of Itá in order to preach the gospel to the local children. She holds Saturday bible studies for her neighbors and fun programs for the children in her humble home.

The whole family gathered to eat lunch together.

She breeds her own chickens as well.

On Saturday, the jovenes at Marangatu gathered to go to an orphanage together. It was a great reminder that we were all once fatherless but God graciously adopted us into His family, as His own sons and daughters.

Meet Diego and Vannina. One of my favorite couples here.










Mighty encouraged by the jovenes' hearts to serve and love, wherever they go.

We also had a chance to perform a skit about Jesus' death and resurrection for the kids!

Joe was the angel LOL.

He played the mighty role of Jesus.

The Roman soldiers.

It was very hard to take a group picture LOL. Most of them were not even sure where to look because there were three cameras at work. This was the best picture I managed to take LOL.

I went out to eat dinner and watch Oz with two beautiful women: Dianna Segovia and Jesica Caceres. The process of buying the ticket, buying the popcorn, and going into the theater happened so fast and I felt like I was just moving with the current.

The movie had already begun as soon as we got into the theater and the three of us were rushing to our seats with the 3-D glasses in our mouths and the soda and popcorn in each of our hands. When we sat down, I realized that the movie was in Spanish (I was told that after a certain time, the movies here are in English with Spanish subtitles but not apparently not at this theater). Dianna looked at me flustered and said, "Sorry!" in her broken English. But then we all just started laughing. I didn't mind too much because it was a good learning experience for me! The movie itself was okay, but the graphics were really fun in 3-D... I got so scared at one point that my glasses fell right off my face and into my bag of popcorn LOL. T'was a beautiful night.

We went to eat dinner at Pizza hut afterwards.

And then stopped by an arcade.

It is now the end of March! I can't believe how fast the first two months have gone! Please continue to pray for us as we do our best to serve the Lord in Paraguay!

2 comments:

  1. Aw what a fun week! That milanesa... O_O And Elias is SO BIG. I almost didn't recognize him! So glad that the jovenes are taking good care of you guys. Be careful around Jesica and Diana - they're loca :)

    ReplyDelete