Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Restful work

Yoej here :)

The past couple weeks have been busy with the team's arrival, stay and departure. But it was worth every minute. We have been learning the true meaning of resting. How could it be that there were so many descansos (rest time) and yet I was still tired. I realized that true rest doesn't come in the form of doing nothing or even sleeping. True rest comes from resting in Jesus Christ.

He says, "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Even as we are working, we are able to rest our souls, as we take the yoke of Christ upon us. My prayer is that we would remember that and continue to serve diligently. May work for the Lord become a joy in our hearts!

Also, I have been stuffing my face with hot cheetos. That is all.


3 comments:

  1. thanks for stuffing your face with hot fries with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess i didn't have to worry about you guys waiting so long they expired haha

    ReplyDelete